Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Love at First Sight

He was definitely worth the wait!  We got a REFERRAL yesterday!  A little boy waiting for us in Ethopia.  He is a smiley, healthy baby.  He has been in the orphanage for about a month.  He is the cutest thing you have ever seen.  We would love to put his picture on here but we are not allowed to until we bring him home.  So, if you see me, ask for my new baby album which has one page filled in with his picture! 

Kendal is really excited.  She keeps calling him her "baby brother" instead of by his name (which is hard to pronounce).  She helped me go through her clothes already and get out anything that may fit him that was gender neutral - not much by the way.  I didn't realize how much PINK we have! 

We cannot be more excited.  We meet with our social worker on Friday to fill out some more paperwork and send him a small photo book of us so he can see who we are.  We will travel the first time in about three months to go to a court date and then see him in the orphanage.  That trip will be about 4-5 days long.  We can't actually take him out of there until the second visit which will be around 1-3 months after that.  Then, the little guy can come home with us. 

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!  Please pray for him that he has the best care possible and that he knows deep down that he has a family that loves him so much!  Thank you all for all of your prayers.  God was listening!

6 comments:

B said...

Oh my gosh Stacey, I am so excited for you. I so wish I could be there to celebrate with you! Hmmm, how can I see a picture? I miss you and I really am so happy for you, Kreg, and Kendall!

All my love

Becky

JLG said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting and such an answer to your prayers. I hope that God grants you all the patience and comfort that you need in this new waiting period.

Harrell Family said...

We couldn't be more excited!! That is amazing. Can't wait to see the picture and meet this little guy!

Love, The Harrell Family

Rochelle said...

So EXCITED for you guys and will be praying for you! PRAISE GOD for answered prayers :)
Blessings from the Dozeman's

Belinda said...

Good to hear your friends/family are praying for patience for you now. This waiting period (now that you've seen a picture of your little guy) can be so hard. See you on Friday :)!

L. Walcott said...

Congratulations!
We are thrilled for you all.