Thursday, March 4, 2010

Family Night

I can't believe I didn't put this on here earlier.  Two weeks ago we met with Ryan and Tami Beld who have adopted two children recently from Ethiopia.  Their names are Meselech, 10, and Bazuno (sp?), 4, who are the sweetest children you have ever seen.  The highlight of my night was when I asked Meselech to go through a book we got Kendal to learn Amharic.  We pronounce things so different here than there so I was interested in seeing how she pronounced words in the book.  She went through their whole alphabet, which is extremely difficult, and through the whole entire book with us.  She got to the last page and the last phrase was, "ewedeshalo" which means, "I love you" in amharic.  She started singing a song about it.  Ahh, so beautiful.  I almost cried.  She asked if she could teach us a game before we left.  It was just using rocks.  You throw them upand catch them and do all sorts of very quick things with them.  She was REALLY good at it.  Kreg was amused at me trying to attempt the same motions.  It made me think about what they have (or don't have) in Ethiopia - rocks.  That's about it.  I could tell she was so excited to show us though.  I can't wait to go get our little one (s).  God definitely has a plan for us and it is great.  I pray that we get a call that surprises us a lot sooner than we expect.  I also think that our child (ren) are alive right now and hope that they are being taken care of and loved.  They are at least thousands and thousands of miles away whether they know it or not.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Glad you could connect with this family and have such a great night together.