Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Twice the Pregnancy

I just realized that the waiting time to get our son right now is twice that of a pregnancy.  Yes, I don't have morning sickness but the emotional side of this "pregnancy" has taken a toll (oh, and the weight gain that I'm trying real hard to lose).  I keep getting asked now if I'm sick of being asked when he will come home.  I'm not, I just don't want to have to answer it.  I want him home.  I'm sure with the situation right now we will not make the next embassy date either so we are looking into February.  My stomach is in a knot and my heart aches for this little guy.  I think about what he's doing during the day and that he probably has no idea of the love for him on the other side of the world.  He's probably walking by now too.  He was walking great holding onto our finger when we were there.  He is very determined too so he's probably not walking but running! 
I was thinking about walking down the hall at the GR airport to meet Kendal when we get home and I am so excited for that day.  She is such a good big sister.  She had to draw her family for a poster at school and didn't think twice about adding "H" to it. She said she likes his hair longer so she made him with longer hair.  :)  She added Rem to it too with only three legs - kind of funny but accurate.
Thanks everyone for all of your prayers.  I know I've said this before but we are so blessed to have so many people love this little boy without meeting him.  So, hopefully the contractions will start and we will have a "delivery" of this little guy very soon.

No comments: