Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 6 - Sunday





This is the fun day. We get up and have a quick breakfast. We then leave for this resort that has a boat ride you take to photograph hippos! So excited. People are dropping like flies though getting sick today. So many reasons why you could be sick here it's scary. So anyways, we get on a pontoon boat that takes us about 1/2 hour across Lake Awassa to see the hippos and we DID. Got some great pics. So amazing. Came back while the other group went and walked through the resort where monkeys were on the trees just like squirrels are at home. Got lots of pics of the monkeys. My favorite was the one holding her baby. The girls played putt-putt. So, I legally can say that I PLAYED GOLF IN ETHIOPIA! We ended up staying at the resort because one of our friends was really sick. We at right on the water of Lake Awassa. It was a beautiful day too. I got sunburned! It just so happened that the second prime minister of Ethiopia was eating outside as well with about 100 other people on poverty. He would be like our vice-president in our country. I was wondering why so many people had AK47s standing on balconies. So, I did get an illegal picture of him. Got lots of pictures by the water of the exotic birds and more monkeys before we left. We started on our 5 hour trip back on a bumpy bus with sick people on it. Two more got sick and one is actually in the hospital now getting her fluids revived. Very scary. I'm doing good mom! :) Tomorrow morning we will get up and head to the Bethany Corporate office here and get prepped for our embassy appt which is Tuesday. We then eat lunch and go pick up Hagirsa. They do a goodbye ceremony which I'm looking forward to except the tears I shall have again. These nannies have had him for half of his life. They love him. One of the nannies patted his head on Friday and said, "I will miss this one" and had to walk away because she was crying. It will be a packed house tomorrow night with all of our kids here together. At least the kids all know each other so that will be helpful for them. Alright, it's almost midnight here so I'd better get to bed. I will enjoy the Superbowl in my sleep tonight since we are 8 hours ahead! Go Lions!! :))))
--
Stacey Sills
Health and Prevention Consultant
Ottawa Area Intermediate School District
13565 Port Sheldon St.
Holland, MI 49424
1-877-702-8600 ext. 4111
ssills@oaisd.org
He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything. ~ Proverb quote

No comments: